|SAS TVEM Macro + Examples:|
|Users’ Guide:||%TVEM SAS Macro Users’ Guide (Version 3.1.1)|
|TVEM Macro for ZIP outcomes:|
For use with SAS Version 9.2 or higher for Windows.
The TVEM SAS macro estimates coefficients in a time-varying effect model. Traditional analytic methods assume that covariates have constant (i.e., time-invariant) effects on a time-varying outcome. The %TVEM macros are able to estimate the time-varying effects of covariates. TVEM is a convenient tool for several types of data.
Features of the TVEM SAS macro
- Option to include multiple non-time-varying covariates
- Option to include multiple time-varying covariates
- Ability to accommodate of different distributions (normal, logistic, or Poisson) measured over time
- Option to employ a penalized truncated power spline basis instead of a B-spline basis function
- Ability to model within-subject correlation using random effects or a robust sandwich variance estimator New in version 3.1.0
- Enhanced screen output for improved interpretability New in version 3.1.0
- Multiple optional output datasets New in version 3.1.0
The %TVEM_zip for outcomes (v 2.1.1) is available separately to fit zero-inflated Poisson models.
TVEM SAS Macro (Version 3.1.1) [Software]. (2017). University Park: The Methodology Center, Penn State. Retrieved from http://methodology.psu.edu
Li, R., Dziak, J. J., Tan, X., Huang, L., Wagner, A. T., & Yang, J. (2017). TVEM (time-varying effect model) SAS macro users’ guide (Version 3.1.1). University Park: The Methodology Center, Penn State. Retrieved from http://methodology.psu.edu
1This macro was developed by SAS Institute Inc. It is automatically called by the %TVEM macros when needed.
4-minute video: How to run a SAS macro
If you have questions or comments about the macro, please email MChelpdesk@psu.edu.
If your organization does not permit download and installation of files, please contact us with a shipping address and we will provide a CD containing all downloadable files.